Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it. I was accepted into the Mayo Clinic's internship program! I am so proud of myself. I worked hard for this.

With this internship, I will be graduating from the Mayo's College of Health Services. This carries ALOT of weight. Not many social workers can put this on their resume.

I will be working with High risk OB/GYN patients (including NICU) and outpatient child development assessment (autism, mental illness). This is often the last hope for many patients. So it will be stressful, rewarding and perhaps overwhelming. But I will cherish this rare opportunity.

So I start on June 1 and work until August 22. This will be a Monday-Friday 7-4 internship.

I received an A- on my last paper on attachment. If you would like to read it...I will forward it to you. It is quite good to say the least. This paper was graded by one of the hardest professors. She is tripled Ph.d in English, Lit, and Social work (Ouch).

I hope you are all well and have a great week. More on my internship later when I get more info!

Sarah

No comments: