Thursday, February 7, 2008

And the winner is......

I had to pick my choices for internships this summer. The internship is 600 hours and I will be working 15 weeks/40 hours a week. Very intense, very busy but very fun (I think but then again I am one for torture).

Today I needed to make a decision about the ones that I want to interview. Well at Monday's meeting, I was asked to apply to Mayo (I am the only one qualified-this was coming from my professor-not me-though we all know it :-) So this Mayo gig is like the ultimate internship. Once you have interned there...most places will take you! I am fairly excited but not looking forward to the commute and gas money.

I have chosen to interview at the Mayo, a foster care program, adolescent psychiatric ward, and life transtions program for teens. These all have aspects that I desire to learn. Attachment issues, adolescent behavior and psych. These issues are close to my heart.

I think that I will do well in any of these. I am a little leery about my stress level because along with an internship, I will be taking one of the hardest classes of this program and running a BASE summer program. So basically, I will be preoccupied physically, mentally and socially. So I am planning to have fun until May and then after that.....I will be nonexistent.

Anyways...that is where my schooling stands. My personal life? Well I hardly have time with my husband, kids are rowdy, and my house is a mess. So basically, it is about the same.

Work is work. Sometimes I think that when it starts going smooth is when the real problems begin. It has been stressful to say the least. I love my job minus administration and parents :-) But isn't that the truth in any job? I can not wait to be my own boss. Then I can boss myself around!

I am off to watch my favorite show LOST...will they ever be found? I am taping "In Treatment" and will watch that and feel all therapy like.

I hope you all are well and stay warm in this gosh darn state that we call home!

No comments: